Real Estate Property Tax
The three separate real estate property taxes are:
- County Tax collected by Chester County Treasurer’s Office
- School Tax collected by Great Valley School District
- Township Tax collected by Chester County Treasurer's Office
The following taxes do not apply to Willistown Township:
- Business Privilege Tax
- Mercantile Tax
- Per Capita Tax
The Chester County Treasurer's Office collects the annual real estate taxes for Willistown Township. These annual real estate tax bills are mailed by March 1.
- Payments can be made online by electronic check or credit card at www.chesco.org (additional fees apply)
- Payments can be made through your online banking institution. Please be sure to use your invoice number listed on the tax bill as the account number.
- Payments may be mailed: Use the envelope enclosed with your bill. Please be sure to include a copy of your bill with your payment.
- Payments may also be made in person at the Treasurer's Office or at any DNB First branch. Please be sure to bring a copy of your bill with your payment. Credit cards will be accepted at the Treasurer's Office, cash or check ONLY at DNB First.
All questions concerning your bill should be directed to the Treasurer's Office at 610-344-6370.
Earned Income Tax (EIT)
The Earned Income Tax rate for Willistown is 1% of gross wages and/or net profits from a business or profession for residents and .0875% for non-residents. EIT must be paid if you live or work in Willistown. Keystone Collections Group is the appointed collections agency for the Township. For more information on EIT, click here.
For questions regarding your EIT, contact your employer or Keystone Collections Group – www.keystonecollects.com
Local office – 610 269-4402, 888-328-0565
Keystone Collections Taxpayer Hotline: 1-866-539-1100
Act 32 requires municipal governments and school districts in all Pennsylvania counties, except Philadelphia, to select a single tax collector to serve the Earned Income Tax collection needs of the political subdivisions within the county. Keystone officially started EIT and LST collections for the CTCD on January 1, 2011.
For additional information please visit the PA Department of Community & Economic Development website.
Additional Tax Information
- A 1% transfer tax is collected by the county
- Earned Income Tax rate is 1% (includes 1/8% of open space tax) for residents and 0.875% for non-residents
- Local Services Tax is $52 per year for anyone working in the township
- Township property tax not paid by December 31 are sent to Chester County Tax Claim Office for collection
- The millage rate for Willistown Township is 0.28