Comprehensive Plan Update
Willistown Township is updating our Comprehensive Plan, Guidelines for Growth. The Plan looks at Willistown's history, considers current conditions, and charts a vision for the future including how to grow, develop, and improve facilities and services. The township is authorized to plan for its future and is required to do so pursuant to the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (Act 247 of 1968, as amended). View Guidelines for Growth. Please sign up for our Comprehensive Plan Update Bulletins to stay in the loop on meetings and requests for your input.
Steering Committee/Planning Commission
- Cathy Rubenstone - Chair
- Warren Claytor - Vice Chair
- David Watt - Secretary
- Phil Foret
- Frank Houder
- Mary Ravenfeld
- William Shoemaker
Township Planning Consultant: John Gaadt of Gaadt Perspectives LLC
Scope of Work
- Steering Committee Meetings are held 3rd Wednesday of every other month.
- Completion of full draft of plan ￫ January 2023
- Chester County review (VPP, Act 247/MPC) ￫ January 2023
- Public Review Meeting (Mtg. #2) ￫ October 20, 2022 at 7:00 pm
- Final revisions & design ￫ February – March 2023
- Pre-adoption Public Hearing and adoption ￫ February – March 2023
- Final document (with posting at Township website) ￫ Winter 2023
Following are a list of the community outreach and input modalities for the project including links to communications and presentations.
- Steering Committee Meetings held 3rd Wednesday of every other month, check the Township's Community Calendar on the home page to confirm.
- Comprehensive Plan Kickoff Meeting, April 29, 2021(Zoom) Project Summary Presentation and Survey Approach and Highlights Presentation
- View a recording of the meeting
Project Summary Presentation
- View a PDF of the Township Planner's Presentation
- Download a Powerpoint slide show of the Township Planner's Presentation
Survey Approach and Highlights Presentation
- View a PDF of the Parks & Recreation Director's Presentation
- Download a Powerpoint slide show of the Parks & Recreation Director's Presentation
- View a recording of the meeting
- Public Review Meeting (Mtg. #2) ￫ Sept 2022
- Pre-adoption Public Hearing and adoption ￫ November – December 2022
Comprehensive Plan Update Bulletins
- Sign up to receive the Bulletins here.
- View Bulletin No. 1: 10/23/2020
- View Bulletin No. 2: 3/12/2021
- View Bulletin No. 3: 3/30/2021
- View Bulletin No. 4: 4/21/2021
- View Bulletin No. 5: 5/4/2021
- View Bulletin No. 6: 2/16/2022
- View Bulletin No. 7 3/15/2022
- View Bulletin No. 8 4/25/2022
- View Bulletin No. 9 8/9/2022
A Comprehensive Plan Update Survey was sent to every Willistown household and business and conducted online in June of 2020 to glean information to help the Township prioritize and improve current services, infrastructure, and facilities and to plan for future needs.
Following are two Top Line Reports. Further drill down and cross tabulation analysis is ongoing.
Top Line Report
This Top Line Report addresses the statistical success of the survey, discusses the survey approach, supplies baseline land use demographics, and provides a 30,000 foot view of overall Township sentiment.
View the Survey Top Line Report slideshow in Powerpoint.
If you do not have Powerpoint on your computer or are unsure, try clicking on the link above. If it does not work, view the Survey Top Line Report as a PDF.
Top Line Report by Planning Area
This Top Line Report presents the survey data by Planning Area.
Chester County Planning Commission Vision Partnership Program
Willistown Township has been awarded a $40,000 grant from the Chester County Planning Commission's Vision Partnership Program (VPP) to assist in funding the Comprehensive Plan Update. Find out more about the VPP program here.